From: Gajendra Sidana
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 09:52:14 +0300
All I can say is that it feels bad to see that a country that has the potential to be a world leader in all the spheres is just busy putting nails in its own coffin. India contributed 25% of world GDP (there was a reason that all the explorers wanted to find route to India) at one time and thanks to our fragmented society a handful of foreigners ruled us for 200 years and brought us to shambles. Now after so much hoopla over the past two decades we are just 1.2% of world GDP and we are not even able to assimilate that. We are finding ways to differentiate ourselves from other Indians instead of uniting.
BTW Happy Independence Day!
Regards,
Gajendra
______________________________________________________
From: sraj
Subject: Re: IIT Global Discussion Group Re: IIT Global Current Affairs : ID number
I fully agree with you, over the relevance of UIDAI; there are far more important things we should be doing. I posted my writeup more because of the report that the government is about to blow up its coffers to implement this scheme (and I hate the idea of being fingerprinted when I am likely to leave my fingerprints all over the place.)
Regards,
Selvaraj
_____________________________________________________
From: Balasubramanyan
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:49:25 -0700 (PDT)
New comment on 432 - Tender for a PR Agency from the UIDAI.
Look at the media heavy weights that they have already hired and one wonders when they will hire domain experts and what is the need for a PR agency when you have so much of internal expertise in media.
Considering the amount of air-time Nilekani gets one wonders how he gets the time to oversee all the work that he keeps talking about in his interviews.
Hiring a PR agency is nothing more than an attempt to manufacture consent against folks critiquing Aadhaar. What we need is a debate not spin doctoring.
The last thing we need is for the government to learn all the wrong lessons from the corporate sector - PR spinning being on top of the pile.
_________________________________________________
From: Satish Jha
Reply-To:
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 23:46:41 -0400
Re: UID Not in Public Interest
Interesting! When I had questions, there were few who saw it the way I thought. I think Nandan will find a more practical way to handle things. But that may not take away many apprehensions and some very fundamental questions about UID at all.
___________________________________________________