Sunday, August 8, 2010

119 - Fri, 6 Aug 2010

Hello Ram,   Aadhaar - What Next ?

I too thought about it and my previous mail to you was a result of my thinking.

Instead of just opposing, I thought we should atleast point out limitations and need for action elsewhere as Aadhaar is coming anyway. However, I feel that it may wither away after a year or two like Sethu samudram Project.

How will the message reach wider audience?  Your question is timely one.

Only if the TV & other media take up the issue along with opposition parties in parliament. It happened in case of Commonwealth Games and now some action is promised after days of highlighting by media and parliament.

I am really wondering why no opposition pary is taking up the issue? You may focus on sending the report on inadequacy of Aadhaar & its high cost to all political party leaders.

Yesterday (6th Aug,'10) in CBN-IBM TV channel, Mr. Nilekani, chief guest in the presentation of Innovation awards, took opportunity to explain Aadhaar. He confirmed once again that their mission is to give identity number to everyone. The number can be incorporated in card/ passport/ bank a/c Tax card by respective agencies.  He however mentioned that checking one's identity is his area of work.

However he has not explained how practical it will be in a vast country like ours.
 

With Best wishes,