Friday, August 6, 2010

57 - Wed, 19 May 2010

Hi Rajaram: I respect your position on this subject, which means we will agree to disagree on this topic at this time based on the limited information I have on the subject.

My question to you is the only purpose of the UID is to achieve diversion of funds to poor? If that were true then I am in complete agreement with you that it would then be a waste of taxpayers money. My understanding is that UID will have many uses some we all can agree and other uses we may disagree and yet some other uses that we may have no opinion on or do not even care. In the final analysis, the total cost benefit of all the potential uses of UID needs to be evaluated against the total costs to really make a statement as to if it is a waste of taxpayers money or not. Some of the costs and benefits may not be in financial terms, but of the greater good, national security etc. I do not have the answers to this, thus am not in a position to make a fully informed  judgement on it at this time. Perhaps you do being much closer to the issue and more informed than i am.

I will continue to get educated on it and wait until I have all the relevant information on the subject to change my current position. Thank you for sharing your opinion on the subject.

Joshy, IITM