20 - 11 Jul 2010
Hi Ram
I apologise if this reply is oblique.
I have been encountering a lot of friends who ought to know better telling me, "i know you have problems with the UID, but i must confess i don't understand what they are". It seems like a fair idea to me, worth trying.
And then i find that it is happening because they are only hearing what is being said to them. And since it is only Nilekani's voice and words that are being carried, they don't see that there is anything to worry them in that. I call it the death of imagination, and so there is no life beyond the stated. The innocence amazes me!!
I think you may also want to look at clause 25(2) of the Bill? Clearly the cost is not even meant to be recovered. may be they need to be told that too?
usha